Friday, February 19, 2010
於圖片展期間，圖書館更安排「善本書庫」導賞團，參觀大學圖書館系統所珍藏的古籍善本，藏書年份上溯元朝 (1260-1368)，下迄清乾隆 (1795)。「善本書庫」導賞團於圖片展期間，逢星期一、三、五，下午一時舉行。有關詳情，請參閱圖片展網頁：
日期：二零一零年二月廿二日 至 三月十二日
Monday, February 8, 2010
The Lore of a Laureate: A Tribute to Charles Kao, Former CUHK Vice-Chancellor and Nobel Laureate is held at University Library Exhibition Hall from Feb 6 to March 20 , 2010. All are welcome!
The University Library will offer intensive courses from January to June 2010 to assist students in preparing for the Information Literacy Section of the Student IT Proficiency Test.
The course provides not only an overview of the Web-based Information Literacy Tutorial, but also includes exercises and practice tests in:
- Formulating effective search strategies;
- Finding information using the Library Catalogue, research databases and the Internet; and
- Evaluating information sources.
The Library has arranged with Emerald Group Publishing Ltd., the world's leading publisher of management research, to provide an author workshop for faculty and postgraduate students. The session will contain insider's information on:
- How to get published in the right journal
- How to target your work more effectively
- The essentials of a research paper
- The benefits of getting published
- What editors and reviewers actually look for
- The five key questions that make or break a paper
- How to peer review your own work
- The secrets of revision
- Q & A
Date: March 10, 2010 (Wednesday) Time: 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Venue: User Education Room 1, G/F University Library Speaker: Victoria Buttigieg, Emerald Regional Developments Publisher
For more information or to register, please email to email@example.com.
Professor Chak's Profile